Open & masters women’s report
Despite Bundoora Park’s 8km easily being our toughest run for the season we had our biggest turnout of women for an individual race, with 17 runners.
– In a field close to 200 we had 14 finish in the top 100.
– Karinna Fyfe led the hunters, placing 2nd overall in a time of 28.34, with Tarli Bird and Julia Edwards joining her in the top 10
– 8 of the women: Karinna, Julia, Stacey, Cass, Bridget, Robyn, Helen and Kara all ran substantial personal bests.
– Both division 1 and 2 finished 1st, extending their leads on the ladder. Divisions 3 and 4 both finished 5th.
– Our masters women finished 2nd, with Sonia O’Sullivan and Bridget Wetherall placing 3rd and 4th respectively in the age group.
– We had five Hunter Girls compete in the Victorian All Schools. All finished in the top 20. Well done Julia, Dana, Kaitlin, Charlotte and Mikhalla. Full results in TV’s Hunter Results.
It was a fantastic day of racing and great way to end the cross country runs. Looking forward to the second half of the season when the road runs kick off with the relays at Sandown Racecourse.
Open & masters men’s report
Thirty two Hunter Men completed the 12 km event. Our Division 1 Team ran strongly to finish fifth.
– Toby Rayner follows up a 2nd placing at Brimbank Park with a great win in the 12 km.
– Craig Semple – a runaway winner in the 40+ section with an outstanding 16th overall.
– Paul Strangio – 2nd 50-54.
– 10 runners in the top 100
– Big improvers on last year’s run were Nigel Preston (3 min 55) and Chris Allan (5 min 41). Great work, Nigel and Chris.
– Our 40 + men won their division. Well done Craig Semple, Peter Macknamara and Tony Russo.